Savory Roast Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh savory or 1 teaspoon dried savory
- Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine butter, lemon juice and savory; brush over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1-1/2 hours or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with the pan drippings.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 361 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Jun 26, 2018
I am rating this for stars because I followed the recipe to the letter, and I thought it just.needed more flavor.Next time, maybe some garlic, or a mix of herbs. I did put about 6-4 inch stalks of celery in the body cavity along with one or two Pats of butter because my grandmother always told me that it would help keep the chicken moist while roasting. So I've just always done it that way. I also cut up about 4 medium potatoes and tossed them in olive oil, salt, and pepper and put around the chicken to roast.
Feb 19, 2010
This was so juicy and wonderful and left overs made wonderful sandwiches. The only thing I chaned was the savory since I did not have any in stock. I used Mortons seasoning blend. I let it cook an extra 15 miutes because my bird was 4 pounds.
Sep 28, 2009
When you're rushed for time or just tired, this is a very tasty super easy way to roast a chicken. Thanks, Connie! Who said great-tasting recipes need a lot of time? You can thicken the pan drippings for a good gravy.