Savory Rice Pilaf
This tasty pilaf is a satisfying blend of flavors and textures.—Grady Walker, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute celery in butter for 2 minutes. Add the walnuts, onions, water chestnuts if desired and seasonings; saute 2 minutes longer. Stir into the rice.