Savory Rice Pilaf
This tasty pilaf is a satisfying blend of flavors and textures.—Grady Walker, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute celery in butter for 2 minutes. Add the walnuts, onions, water chestnuts if desired and seasonings; saute 2 minutes longer. Stir into the rice.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 287 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Savory Rice Pilaf in Taste of Home April/May 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.