- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute celery in butter for 2 minutes. Add the walnuts, onions, water chestnuts if desired and seasonings; saute 2 minutes longer. Stir into the rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSavory Rice Pilaf
"My family loves this rice dish. It is also wonderful if used with red pepper in place of the celery. Delicious!"