Savory Pumpkin Quiche
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin and milk until blended. Stir in bacon, mushrooms, onion and pepper. Toss cheese with flour; stir into egg mixture. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 231 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 3, 2018
I make this recipe at least once a month, I love it.
Oct 25, 2016
This was very easy and tasty! My husband, who is not a quiche fan, loved it!
Oct 19, 2016
can i omit the bacon? im vegetarian
Jun 20, 2016
Love this recipe. It Is delicious as is, but also easy to switch up. I have used small cubes of ham instead of the bacon, yum! You use powdered cheddar in place of the park. There are so many possibilities. My friends request that I make this for them.
Oct 4, 2015
Very good! I omitted the green pepper and instead put in black pepper. Nice dish on a chilly day!
Sep 19, 2015
This simply did not appeal to our family. My husband does not like pumpkin (I do) but I was hoping the bacon and mushrooms would make up for that fact. It did not. Oh well, not everyone will like everything.