- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie shell
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin and milk until blended. Stir in bacon, mushrooms, onion and pepper. Toss cheese with flour; stir into egg mixture. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSavory Pumpkin Quiche
"This was very easy and tasty! My husband, who is not a quiche fan, loved it!"
"can i omit the bacon? im vegetarian"
"Love this recipe. It Is delicious as is, but also easy to switch up. I have used small cubes of ham instead of the bacon, yum! You use powdered cheddar in place of the park. There are so many possibilities. My friends request that I make this for them."
"Very good! I omitted the green pepper and instead put in black pepper. Nice dish on a chilly day!"
"This simply did not appeal to our family. My husband does not like pumpkin (I do) but I was hoping the bacon and mushrooms would make up for that fact. It did not. Oh well, not everyone will like everything."