Savory Potato Skins Recipe
"For a simple hot snack that really hits the spot on a cool fall evening, put together a plate of these crisp potato skins," recommends Torrington, Connecticut field editor Andrea Holcomb.
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 12 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Sour cream and chives, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a greased baking sheet; bake until tender, 1 to 1-1/4 hours. Cool slightly.
- 2. Cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. thick shells (save pulp for another use).
- 3. Cut each half shell lengthwise into quarters; return to baking sheet. Brush insides with butter. Mix seasonings; sprinkle over butter.
- 4. Broil 4-5 in. from heat until golden brown, 5-8 minutes. If desired, mix sour cream and chives and serve with potato skins. Yield: 32 appetizers.
1 piece: 56 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Savory Potato Skins
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC