Savory Pot Roast Recipe
"I LIKED IT when Grandma made pot roast because she'd let me help. I diced the onions, opened the can of tomatoes and measured out the horseradish. Handling that horseradish always made my eyes tear!"
- 1 round-bone chuck roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil. Remove and set aside. In the drippings, saute onions and garlic until onions are tender. Return roast to Dutch oven. Stir in tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, horseradish, browning sauce, salt if desired and pepper. Cover and simmer for 2-3 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Drain all but 2 cups of pan juices. Combine flour and remaining water; stir into pan juices. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Slice roast and serve with gravy. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 263 calories, 15g fat (0 saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Savory Pot Roast
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC