Stews are one of my favorite foods. They can be put together to simmer, leaving me time to get things done around the house. I know you'll appreciate the convenience of this one-dish meal.
Recommended: 21 Healthy Fall Stews to Warm Up Cold Nights
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- Place pork in a Dutch oven that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat until browned. Add onion, seasonings, water and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Savory Pork Stew in Country Woman January/February 1995, p36
Reviews forSavory Pork Stew
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2013
"Excellent stew!! Great mixture of ingredients leads to a great taste!!"