Savory Pork Stew
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- Place pork in a Dutch oven that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat until browned. Add onion, seasonings, water and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 201 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2 lean meat.
Dec 15, 2013
Excellent stew!! Great mixture of ingredients leads to a great taste!!
Jan 8, 2010
This was delicious and voted a new family favourite! You'll be cleaning your bowl with bread to get every last bit of the yummy sauce.To read my full review and see a picture of the completed dish go to http://muminbloom.blogspot.com/2010/01/recipe-savory-pork-stew.html
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.