- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) low-sodium tomato sauce
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Place pork in a Dutch oven that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat until browned. Add onion, seasonings, water and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forSavory Pork Stew
"Excellent stew!! Great mixture of ingredients leads to a great taste!!"