- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, rosemary and sage
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 whole pork loin roast (3-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1 cup water
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown gravy mix
- 2-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, herbs and mustard; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Pour water into the pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 70-90 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Combine gravy mix and broth until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in sour cream and horseradish; heat through (do not boil). Serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings (2 cups sauce).
Reviews forSavory Pork Loin Roast
"I will make this again! The flavor is great and easy to make."
"Wonderful meal with great flavor! I did not have fresh herbs so I used dried and it turned out great. I also used red onions and low fat sour cream in the gravy- no one could tell it was lite."
"I have made this several times--I have never made the gravy--we just like the flavor of the roast by itself"
"My family loved this! I prepared this with a smaller roast and half the sauce and still had a lot of sauce left over. I usually end up changing something but this one is perfect as written. Thanks, DeEtta"