Savory Popcorn Seasoning
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes24 batches (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR POPCORN:
- 2 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Combine first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container up to 6 months.
- To prepare popcorn: Combine popcorn, butter and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts2 cups seasoned popcorn: 114 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 31, 2018
So good! I popped the corn in olive oil and used a mortal and pestal to grind the herbs more finely and went lite on the cayenne. It has a wonderfully addictive quality.
Jan 15, 2009
I used Cajun spice because I didn't have any cayenne pepper at home...makes a zesty snack!