Savory Popcorn Seasoning
"I love this combination of herbs and seasonings tossed with popcorn," writes Janice Campbell from Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska. Cayenne pepper adds a bit of heat to the late-night treat.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes24 batches (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR POPCORN:
- 2 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Combine first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container up to 6 months.
- To prepare popcorn: Combine popcorn, butter and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1/2 teaspoon: 114 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Saltless Table Seasoning in Light & Tasty June/July 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.