Savory Plum Sauce
This flavorful sauce tastes fantastic served with pork or poultry dishes. Plus, it's very quick and easy to stir together.—Nancy Mendoza, Yakima, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 2-3/4 cups
- 2 cans (30 ounces each) purple plums, drained and pitted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Place plums in blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan; add sugar, or orange juice concentrate, lemon juice, vinegar and seasoning. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to plum mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve as a condiment with pork or poultry.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 32 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Oct 16, 2011
This is a zippy and mildly warm sauce. It has a sweet and spicy flavor all at the same time. When I'm looking for something to make with my plumbs next year I am likely to go back to the recipe.