Savory Pear Tarts
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Bosc pears, halved and sliced
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Chopped glazed pecans, optional
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Add pears; cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Meanwhile, unfold puff pastry. Roll each pastry into a 10-in. square. Using a 2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 25 circles from each square. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon pear mixture over pastries; sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, pecans.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 29, 2018
Tasted good to me, but not very popular with the family. I subbed in feta for the blue cheese, but it still had kind of weird smell and strong flavor. Also, it was messy to eat--too awkward for a fork, but gets your hands all sticky.