Savory Party Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, nuts and onions. In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and steak seasoning; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes, stirring three times. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 298 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 27, 2014
my daughter's favorite snack mix recipe, and we've tried many. The dried onions and steak seasoning ("sprinkle " variety, to answer question below) definitely make it unique. Just slightly sweet. A keeper.
Jan 27, 2012
Is the Steak Seasoning the sprinkle or sauce variety?