Savory Orange Dressing
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1. In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in the stuffing cubes, carrot, orange juice, zest and the celery mixture.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
3/4 cup: 215 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 13, 2009
My mother loved this. I felt it was good but not great. It wasn't 'orangey' enough for me. I doubled the orange requirement and it still tasted not so orange. I'm probably going to trpple next time.