Savory Noodle Rice Pilaf
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked fine egg noodles, broken
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir noodles in oil and butter until lightly browned. Stir in the rice and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the water, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 13 minutes. Stir in parsley; cover and cook 2-5 minutes longer or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 161 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 30, 2018
Quick and easy side dish. I didnt’t change a thing. I love the texture of the rice with the noodles
Jul 8, 2011
This was very good. Great alternative to Rice A Roni without all the additives. I used thin spaghetti broken into small pieces which was the only time consuming part of making this. Otherwise, very quick and easy with ingredients I always have on hand. I did up the chicken bouillon by another 1/2-1 tsp, but it probably didn't need it. A definite keeper.
Sep 13, 2010
I found this receipe and wanted to make it but I didnt have egg noodles so i used spaghetti broke into small pieces. I browned it with the rice in a skillet and at the last minute thought of adding peas. It was so good. I will never buy the box rice dishes again. Thanks
Nov 9, 2009
My husband loved this Rice Pilaf!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.