Savory Noodle Rice Pilaf
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked fine egg noodles, broken
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir noodles in oil and butter until lightly browned. Stir in the rice and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the water, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 13 minutes. Stir in parsley; cover and cook 2-5 minutes longer or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 161 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 30, 2018
Quick and easy side dish. I didnt’t change a thing. I love the texture of the rice with the noodles
Jul 8, 2011
This was very good. Great alternative to Rice A Roni without all the additives. I used thin spaghetti broken into small pieces which was the only time consuming part of making this. Otherwise, very quick and easy with ingredients I always have on hand. I did up the chicken bouillon by another 1/2-1 tsp, but it probably didn't need it. A definite keeper.
Sep 13, 2010
I found this receipe and wanted to make it but I didnt have egg noodles so i used spaghetti broke into small pieces. I browned it with the rice in a skillet and at the last minute thought of adding peas. It was so good. I will never buy the box rice dishes again. Thanks
Nov 9, 2009
My husband loved this Rice Pilaf!