- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; brown in oil in a large skillet on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add tomatoes and onion; pour broth and wine around meat. Combine the mustard, garlic, honey, molasses and thyme; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cover and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, skim fat from cooking juices; transfer juices to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice pork and serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSavory Mustard Pork Roast
"My husband and kids liked the flavor from the sauce. 4 stars says a lot because they aren't huge fans of pork. I made this to shake things up a bit."
"I just made this tonight and it was delicious. A must make!! My hubby doesn't really like pork but he loved it!!"
"Excellent! My family thoroughly enjoyed it and it's going to be part of our meal planning for sure!"
"easy recipe. Great flavors. Hats off to the chef that created this recipe."