Savory Mushroom Tarts
When I had drop-in guests, I threw some mini tart appetizers together using mushrooms I had just bought on sale. Everyone gave them rave reviews and thought I’d spent hours cooking.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 bacon strip, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/3 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving drippings.
- Saute mushrooms in oil and drippings until tender. Stir in the bacon, tomatoes, thyme, salt and pepper. Fill each tart shell with a heaping teaspoonful of filling and 1/2 teaspoon spreadable cheese.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
TO MAKE AHEAD: Mushroom filling can be made a day in advance. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before using and proceed as directed.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.