Savory Mushroom Tartlets
About these robust morsels, my husband likes to say, "I bet you can't eat just one— they're that good!" And he's right. Folks always come back for more.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 48 thin slices white bread, cut into 3-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, optional
- Spread one side of bread rounds with 1/4 cup butter; place buttered side up in lightly greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- In a saucepan, saute onions in the remaining butter for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute for 10-12 minutes or until mushroom liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; stir in flour and cream until blended. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chives, parsley, lemon juice, salt and cayenne; mix well. Cool slightly.
- Place bread cups on a baking sheet; fill with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 309 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.