Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches in oil over medium-high heat.
- Place in a 2-qt. baking dish. Combine soup and water; pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in meatballs reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 363 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Feb 1, 2016
Good recipe - I baked them instead of frying and did my own sauce :)
Aug 17, 2012
So tasty! I used ground pork instead of beef and it worked just as nice I think. You have to try this one!
Dec 21, 2010
Good but need to double the ground mustard, poultry seasoning and make the meatballs smaller in size.
Jan 30, 2010
It seems I always have someone begging me to make meatballs. This is the recipe they want because I've made it many times. I usually serve it with noodles or mashed potatoes and sometimes rice.