Savory Meat Loaf Sandwiches
My philosophy is that life's too short to eat bland, boring foods, so I created this recipe. With salsa and cayenne pepper, these sandwiches pack a little punch.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 14 to 16 hard rolls, split
- Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the next eight ingredients; mix well. Add the sausage; mix well. Press into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour; drain often. Increase temperature to 375° and bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes. Remove from pan; cover and chill overnight. Cut into 1/2-in.-thick slices. Spread rolls with mustard and top with meat loaf slices.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 320 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Meat Loaf Sandwiches in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.