Savory Marinated Flank Steak
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until steak reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- To serve, thinly slice across the grain.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked beef: 196 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jun 1, 2017
Mar 22, 2012
Ditto to everything that has been said. Delicious!
Sep 18, 2011
This was the first time I ever tried flank steak...and I made it for my in-laws! The marinade had a wonderful flavor. Will definitely make again.
Sep 16, 2011
There are so many great recipes out there that I find I have to be picky in choosing which ones I deem "keepers" or I will be overrun with them. But this one is outstanding and it's a keeper.
Jun 1, 2010
This is a great marinade that uses everyday staples!
Apr 28, 2010
Marinated flank steak is a simple, easy meal to make and one my family does every chance we get. It tastes so good, it's a keeper and definitely going in my recipe box.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.