Savory Mandarin Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- Hot cooked rice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in teriyaki sauce, apple juice, oil and garlic. Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. Add juice to the teriyaki mixture; pour over chicken. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Baste chicken with sauce. Cover and cook 2-4 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve over rice. Garnish with onions and oranges.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 245 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Jul 8, 2012
This is delicious, quick and easy. I used chicken thighs & orange juice since it was what I had on hand, and I reduced the teriyaki to 1/4 cup to accomodate my children's tastes. I will definitely make this one again. Thanks for the recipe :).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.