- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute leeks and chives until tender. Stir in mashed potatoes, savory and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until flavors are blended, 8-10 minutes.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender or cool slightly and puree soup in batches in a blender; return to pan. Stir in cream, salt and pepper; heat through.
1 cup: 213 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 605mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.