Savory Italian Sausage and Peppers
- 3 pounds Italian sausage links, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 medium green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring, occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
1 each: 230 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Feb 19, 2018
I served with a side of rice.
Oct 2, 2014
This was surprisingly flavorful. My husband and I really enjoyed. I will be making it again.
Jun 4, 2014
Fast and easy and yummy!
Dec 31, 1969
We served it over spaghetti, added a red pepper, and it was soooooo good!!
Feb 9, 2013
I have made this using hot Italian Sausage and it is a hit every time....delicious!!
Aug 25, 2010
This is so tasty. Really loved this quick and easy recipe.
Mar 11, 2010
Yum!! We loved it. I used the sweet italian sausage.