Savory Italian Sausage and Peppers
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 pounds Italian sausage links, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 medium green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring, occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 19, 2018
I served with a side of rice.
Oct 2, 2014
This was surprisingly flavorful. My husband and I really enjoyed. I will be making it again.
Jun 4, 2014
Fast and easy and yummy!
Jan 23, 2014
We served it over spaghetti, added a red pepper, and it was soooooo good!!
Feb 9, 2013
I have made this using hot Italian Sausage and it is a hit every time....delicious!!
Aug 25, 2010
This is so tasty. Really loved this quick and easy recipe.
Mar 11, 2010
Yum!! We loved it. I used the sweet italian sausage.