- 3 cups oyster crackers, crushed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined (mixture will be thick). Add the ham, Swiss cheese, chives, basil, salt and pepper; beat just until combined. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until filling is almost set. Turn oven off. Leave cheesecake in oven with door ajar for 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Serve chilled or at room temperature with crackers. Yield: 24-30 servings.
Reviews forSavory Ham Cheesecake
"I made this for a party and it got rave reviews. Many recipe requests. easy to make."
"I made this as part of our Thanksgiving meal and everyone loved it!"
"This recipe is excellent. I make it with leftovers from my holiday ham. It's definitely better at room temperature, and it makes so much, but it is easy to freeze, and defrosts nicely."
"I have made thie receipe at least 3 times and love it! It makes a huge cake. Good to take to parties or gatherings!"
"I made this for a potluck and it really did turn out delicious. Serving at room temperature is key. It's not inexpensive to make, though. I can see where it would make more sense (economically) to use leftover ham. Really delicious and quite impressive."