- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces sliced Colby cheese
- 8 slices white bread
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, oregano and garlic powder; set aside. Place cheese over four slices of bread; top with remaining bread slices. Spread outside of sandwiches with 2 tablespoons of the butter mixture. (Cover and refrigerate remaining butter for Wednesdays Chicken and Herbed Rice or another use.)
- In a skillet over medium heat, grill sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSavory Grilled Cheese
"VERY GOOD!! would probably have been better if I had used the ingredients that were written in the recipe. (type of cheese and bread) The butter spread would be fabulous on almost anything!"
"We lOVE this! And the herb butter is great on other grilled sandwiches too."
"This was good. I used a french peasant bread, which worked well. My daughter, who doesn't like grilled cheese, actually ate this kind!"
"My husband has now requested that all of his grilled cheese sandwiches are made this way!"