Savory Glazed Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 35 min.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, butter, horseradish and mustard. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the tenderloin. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6-8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. In a large skillet, brown pork on all sides. Place on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 351 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.
Apr 1, 2009
This was an okay recipe. The spices didn't really come through so it was roasted tenderloin. I did not brown the tenderloin but I don't know what difference that would have made except for the color. The meat was still moist.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.