Savory Glazed Tenderloin
It takes only five ingredients to make this flavorful entree from Edison, New Jersey’s Jane Birch. Very moist and sweet but with a hint of horseradish, this change-of-pace pork goes well with a wide variety of side dishes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 35 min.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, butter, horseradish and mustard. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the tenderloin. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6-8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. In a large skillet, brown pork on all sides. Place on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 351 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.
Apr 1, 2009
This was an okay recipe. The spices didn't really come through so it was roasted tenderloin. I did not brown the tenderloin but I don't know what difference that would have made except for the color. The meat was still moist.