Savory Glazed Pearl Onions Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups frozen pearl onions (about 20 ounces), thawed
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes or until onions are tender.
- 2. Uncover; simmer for 8-10 minutes or until onions are glazed, stirring occasionally. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Savory Glazed Pearl Onions
"I can't say enough about this dish. An absolute must with beef tenderloin. So savory, everyone had seconds and some even thirds."
"These little onions were outstanding. The flavor fabulous."
"I had this At my sister's home and it was delicious. Can't wait to make it for my guests."