Savory Drop Biscuits
The addition of cheese and green chilies makes these mouthwatering biscuits wonderfully moist. They're a fabulous accompaniment to soup and stew.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- In a medium bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Stir in milk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 74 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Savory Drop Biscuits in 2003 Taste of Home Calendar