Savory-Crust Chicken Pie Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 cup each chopped carrots, green pepper, sweet red pepper and onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a mixing bowl, beat sour cream, butter and egg. Add flour, baking powder, salt and sage; mix well (mixture will be sticky). Spread into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 10-in. pie plate. For filling, saute vegetables in butter over medium heat until crisp-tender. Add chicken and soup; mix well. Spoon into the crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes. Spoon out individual servings. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 387 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 877mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Savory-Crust Chicken Pie
"I found this recipe a few years ago in my OUR WISCONSIN magazine. Never found one better, it has become a favorite."
"Delicious. Not super fast or easy to make--not too bad either--but even my kids liked it, and the smell coming out of the oven was wonderful."
"I received this recipe several years ago from Taste of Home and really liked it. The crust is more of a bread type crust rather than the traditional pastry type crust, (although that is good, too). Sometimes I will add a little dill along with the sage."
"It was delicious"
"I made this tonight and we LOVED it! It was so good and easy to make! We will be making this again for sure;-)"
"This recipe is a favorite of mine- I clipped it from a newspaper which said the recipe came off the back of bag of Pillsbury flour about 40 years ago. It's easy and delicious!"