Savory Crescent Bundles
Every time I make this full-flavored dish, it reminds me of my mom. She made it often for me and my seven brothers and sisters. —Margaret Pache, Mesa, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken or turkey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Additional chives
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter until smooth. Stir in chicken, milk, chives, pimientos, salt and pepper.
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture into center of each rectangle. Bring four corners of dough together and twist; pinch edges to seal.
- Brush tops of bundles with remaining butter. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Tie a chive around each.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 566 calories, 34g fat (15g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 1022mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Savory Crescent Bundles in Crafting Traditions September/October 1997
Dec 14, 2010
Easy & very good
Dec 2, 2010
I have made this recipe alot. My son absolutely LOVES it. It is so easy, I do add peas so I can sneak them in.
Jun 8, 2010
Tasty and just plain fun to make and eat.