Every time I make this full-flavored dish, it reminds me of my mom. She made it often for me and my seven brothers and sisters. —Margaret Pache, Mesa, Arizona
Recommended: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken or turkey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Additional chives
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter until smooth. Stir in chicken, milk, chives, pimientos, salt and pepper.
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture into center of each rectangle. Bring four corners of dough together and twist; pinch edges to seal.
- Brush tops of bundles with remaining butter. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Tie a chive around each. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Savory Crescent Bundles in Country Woman September/October 1997, p22
Reviews forSavory Crescent Bundles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review