Savory Cranberry-Glazed Pork Roast Recipe
For an awesome autumn entree, home economist Michelle Goggins recommends this savory pork roast. It was a popular selection when Michelle worked as a personal chef.—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 3 large oranges
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 rolled boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Grate peel of 1 orange, then juice all of the oranges. In a small saucepan, combine orange juice and peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until volume is reduced by half.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, cinnamon, allspice, vinegar and salt. Combine corn starch and water; mix well. Add to the cranberry sauce mixture with orange juice mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Let cool.
- 3. Rub roast with kosher salt. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-80 minutes or until thermometer reads 145°. Brush cranberry mixture over roast during the last half hour of baking. Heat remaining cranberry mixture and serve with pork. Yield: 8-12 servings.
1 each: 211 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Savory Cranberry-Glazed Pork Roast
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC