Savory Corn Bread Dressing Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1-1/4 cups chopped onions
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 7-1/2 cups coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 2-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1. In a large skillet, saute celery and onions in butter until tender; transfer to a large bowl. Add the corn bread, bread crumbs, sage and poultry seasoning. Combine eggs and broth; add to corn bread mixture, stirring gently to mix.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165° and stuffing is lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings (9 cups).
Editor's Note:To use this as a stuffing for poultry, substitute 1/2 cup egg substitute for the eggs. This is suitable to stuff a 12- to 14-pound turkey.
3/4 cup: 277 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 683mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.