Savory Christmas Cutouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 9 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Sesame seeds and/or poppy seeds
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add wine or broth, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with 2-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Brush tops with egg; sprinkle with sesame and/or poppy seeds. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 105 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 14, 2018
Very mild cheese flavor, but what a fun new take on old fashioned cheese wafers!! Personally, I prefer a sharper cheese in these to hold up to the other strong flavors in these cute little crackers, but I loved the presentation