Savory Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup water
- 14 to 16 hamburger buns, split
- Remove skin from chicken if desired. Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix and garlic salt. Pour dressing and water over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Remove chicken from bones; cut into bite-size pieces and return to slow cooker. Serve with a slotted spoon on buns.
Oct 31, 2015
Really good. I doubled it and served it over rice.
Feb 21, 2012
This is an excellent recipe! Perfect for get togethers instead of sloppy joes and a favorite of our family and neighborhood! I generally use a whole chicken and add a little extra seasoning.
Jan 14, 2012
My family of 8 loves this and it is good hot or cold.
Nov 26, 2010
Agree with the too salty comment.
Feb 3, 2010
I was looking for a good hot chicken sandwich recipe. These were way too salty for our taste! I guess most things with dried onion soup in it is. I hate to think what the sodium count is. I threw away the leftovers.
Feb 3, 2010
We used just plain chicken breast cause its what I had on hand, wonderful!
Nov 4, 2008
This is so good, the chicken falls off the bone. I made it at my sons house and his friend took the bowl of chicken and just started piggying out on it. Love it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.