Savory Cheese Bread
This golden bread is a recipe I made up year ago when I wanted something simple that complemented several dishes. These cheese-topped slices are perfect with chunky soup or most any entree.—Brenda Jackson, Garden City, Kansas
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon-pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano. Spread over one side of each slice of bread.
- 2. Place butter side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4-in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown.
Feb 11, 2013
Loved this bread and it took just a few minutes to make. I served it with the Pasta Beef Soup on the same page.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC