- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, onion salt, oregano, dry mustard and cheese; set aside. Combine egg, milk and butter; add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spread batter in a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews forSavory Cheddar Bread
"I have made this recipe some 50 times over each time I make back beans and rice.Somehow I lost it and thankfully found it on the web siteGOOD"
"This was really good, and really pretty easy. Let it rest in the pan 5-10 minutes before trying to take it out of the pan. It was good with a Sharp Cheddar."