- 3 cups seasoned croutons, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- In a bowl, combine croutons and 1/4 cup butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the cauliflower, onion, carrots, garlic, salt and oregano in remaining butter over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese into prepared crust. Top with cauliflower mixture and remaining cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Pour over pie. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and the cauliflower is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSavory Cauliflower Pie
"One of our new all-time favorite meals. easy, inexpensive, and amazing!"
"Tis was incredibly good. The "pie Crust" added a lot, but next time I make it rather than have a crust, I'm going to crumble the crust on top."
"This one is delicious! I used a regular pie crust, substituted Italian seasoning for the oregano and used plain yogurt in place of the milk...this made it extra fluffy! I will be making this again. Yummy!"