“This is a family favorite that's fast and easy!” Brussels sprouts are treated to a creamy, guilt-free sauce in this delicious recipe. Paula J. Michaud - Waterbury, Connecticut
Recommended: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- DIJON MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Cut an “X” in the core of each brussels sprout. Place in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-11 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard and celery seed. Cook and stir just until heated through. Serve with brussels sprouts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Savory Brussels Sprouts in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p28