- 2 tablespoons slivered or sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute almonds in butter until golden brown. Remove; set aside. Add remaining ingredients to skillet. Cover; cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forSavory Broccoli Spears
"Made this broccoli recipe last night and it was a huge hit with my boys and husband. My husband doesn't normally eat broccoli, but he loved this dish. Will make again!!!"