This savory bread is crisp and golden brown on the outside but moist and tender on the inside. The dill and onion give it great flavor without overwhelming your taste buds.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (9 slices each)
- 1-1/2 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place the water, 1 tablespoon oil, minced onion, sugar, salt, dill, onion powder, flours and yeast in the order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half; shape each portion into a 7-in. round loaf. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with remaining oil. Remove from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 125 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.