- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Optional toppings: shredded iceberg lettuce, chopped cherry tomatoes and additional crumbled cooked bacon
- Assorted crackers, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Beat in the bacon, tomatoes, Gruyere cheese, onions and pepper. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove rim from pan. Serve cheesecake with toppings and crackers if desired. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews forSavory BLT Cheesecake
"I don’t have overnight to refrigerate this savory cheesecake. What is the minimum time you all suggest for refrigerating it, the last direction in step four (4)?Olympia, WA"
"I love making savory cheesecakes and this one was very good. I ended up using pre-cooked bacon crumbles and it tasted fine."
"It was a huge hit at a potluck. It makes a large amount and goes a long way! Delicious!"
"Not difficult but a bit of chopping, will use pre-cooked bacon next time to eliminate one step. Took this appetizer to a party and received many compliments."
"This cheesecake is SO delicious! I found that to have 1 1/2 cups of crumbled bacon, you'll need more than 1 package of thick-cut bacon. That's all I had was 1 package, and it yielded about 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 cups crumbled bacon. It was no big deal though not having the full amount, and it still had a delicious flavor. Other than that, I have no more helpful tips or suggestions. It was just a fabulous savory cheesecake, and would be great for parties. I will definitely make this again."
"Prepared this to serve a group of friends. Everyone enjoyed the excellent blend of flavors. I appreciated the number of servings from a single recipe."
"I used 3 4"spring form pans. Had to make so minor adjustment to the baking time. It was a hit at the 3 places I took it. I will be making this again."
"It was a hit at my Ladies Bible study! :)"