- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds), halved
- 8 to 10 sandwich rolls, split
- Combine seasonings; rub over roast. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Shred with a fork. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forSavory Beef Sandwiches
"Loved how quick it was to throw together, but I think there were too many different spices. The flavor was a little strong for me. Meat was very tender though."
"Made this for the first time this past Sunday. Loved,loved it! My son licks his plate and my husband has requested to make this once per month! Very easy to make."
"Made exactly as written. Seemed like an odd combination of spices, but it works!"
"I really liked these sandwiches. Eating the meat by itself it was a little too salty, so next time I will probably decrease the salt by about half. I cooked a 1 1/2 pound roast (not halved) in a 4 qt. slow cooker and it was done after about 3 1/2 hours."
"My family loves this and it is so easy!"
"This is excellent!! My husband would eat the whole thing, if he could...I've found that using a 4 to 5 lb. roast works well, too..."
"A real winner. My husband couldn't get enough. I used all the seasonings. A+"
"This is a great recipe! The combination of the spices are delicious and unique!"
"This is a great recipe and the combination of the spices are delicious. Everyone asks me for this recipe. I make it when we go camping, always a hit."
"Fantastic recipe! I used chili powder instead of the cayenne pepper because I ran out, and it still tasted fabulous. I will definitely be making these for get-togethers, and they are replacing my old recipe for hot beefs."