"My family loves beef, and I love to use the slow cooker, so this dish pleases everyone," writes Twila Burkholder of Middleburg, Pennsylvania. "The meat comes out nice and tender to create these tempting fajitas."
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium jalapeno, cut into thin strips
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Sour cream, guacamole, salsa or shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Place beef in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the next seven ingredients; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Add onion, peppers and jalapeno. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup of meat-vegetable mixture on each tortilla. Add desired toppings. Roll up. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Savory Beef Fajitas in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p42