Savory Barbecued Chicken
If you're like me, you can never have enough delicious ways to grill chicken. The savory sauce in this recipe gives the chicken a wonderful herb flavor. It's easy to put together a great meal when you start with these juicy golden pieces.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), quartered
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 224 calories, 14g fat (0 saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat.
Originally published as Barbecued Chicken in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook