If you're like me, you can never have enough delicious ways to grill chicken. The savory sauce in this recipe gives the chicken a wonderful herb flavor. It's easy to put together a great meal when you start with these juicy golden pieces.
Recommended: 15 Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup margarine, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), quartered
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Chicken in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p162
Reviews forSavory Barbecued Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2012
"Unique and delicious"